How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user regarding modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology abilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not work appropriately if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely easy to comprehend. Softwares are currently available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.