How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user regarding modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks since they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not work properly if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely easy to comprehend. Software applications are currently readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.