How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can store up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have actually supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly very easy to understand. Softwares are already readily available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not right.