How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space available of up to forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user regarding personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not function appropriately if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is certainly really simple to understand. Software applications are already offered that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.